Tuesday 11 August 2009

Fake Festivals



As any American fan of British music can attest, festival season can get downright depressing. Every year, when flipping through my NME, I gaze longingly at the full-page ads for Reading/Leeds, Glastonbury, Big Chill, etc. I pick out the bands that I would watch if I was there, as if that would somehow make me feel better. Instead, it just makes me realize exactly how awesome it'd be to go, and how much it sucks to be an Anglophile living in the States.

So in the midst of mourning my inability to attend Reading '09, I've decided to make myself a fake festival. I'll be gathering together videos of the bands I'd want to see on any given day, so that maybe if I watch it, it'll seem just that little bit like I'm there.

Heck, if I want to get REALLY into it, I should watch it whilst wearing wellies and sitting in a kiddie-pool full of mud.

So I'm gonna try it with Reading and see how it goes, and then if I like it, maybe I'll do other festivals as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!